Please note: this is the old RPWBRA web site, kept for historical information only. Please check our new web site
for up-to-date information.
Books about Raynes Park and West Barnes
These should all be available from local libraries, although some are now out of print. Most of them are shelved at 942.193, along with material such as Merton's Unitary Development Plan.
- Raynes Park with West Barnes and Cannon Hill - A Social History
by (Merton Historical Society, 1987)
- Raynes Park and West Barnes
by (Tempus Publishing, 1999) - though this may appear in catalogues, such as at Amazon, it was never actually completed. It was to consist largely of a collection of vintage photographs. Please contact Tempus if you might be able to help compile such a book !
- Raynes Park - Notes on Social History
by (Local studies collection ; Manuscript notes 1994-95)
- Raynes Park High School 1935-1985 - A jubilee history
by (Raynes Park High School, 1985)
- Skip All That - Memoirs
by journalist and broadcaster (Century, 1996). The first chapter describes Mr Robinson's childhood in West Barnes in the 1930's, and the second his time at Raynes Park High School.
- Lower Morden and West Barnes (Discovering the Past, 1)
by (St. Martin's Church, Morden, 1995)
- West Barnes and Cannon Hill (Discovering the Past, 2)
by (New Malden Evanglical Free Church, 2000) (A4 pamphlet)
- A walk around West Barnes including Motspur Park
by (Author, 1987)