Please note: this is the old RPWBRA web site, kept for historical information only. Please check our new web site for up-to-date information.

Raynes Park and West Barnes Residents' Association
Serving the community since 1928

Useful contacts

Council departments

Merton Council's website now includes a page listing phone numbers and e-mail addresses for general enquiries, and another page for "Compliments, Complaints and Comments" (the printed form is also available in a pamphlet available from libraries).

Local councillors

If you have no luck with the Council, try your local councillor :

If you're not sure which ward you live in, consult the Council's index of wards by street name. The Council have also produced a map of the new ward boundaries, but you need Adobe Acrobat to read it, and even then it's not very clear.

The Council elections in May 2002 seemed like a good opportunity to ask the Raynes Park and West Barnes councillors to write some pen-portraits of themselves.

Other elected representatives

If you then still need to take matters further, the Council website also includes contact information for other elected representatives (MEPs, MPs, GLA members, London Civic Forum)

WriteToThem - contact your Councillors, MP, MEPs, MSPs, or Welsh and London Assembly Members for free. (The successor to FaxYourMP.)


Non-emergency telephone number : 020-8947 1212.

Phone 020-8649 3144 to leave a message for the local beat officers:

Also see the Merton Borough Police page on the Metropolitan Police site. Minor theft or damage can be reported online.

Or, for crime on the railways, London Underground or Croydon Tramlink, contact the British Transport Police (London South).

Merton Police and the Merton Community Safety Trust are trying to encourage the formation of Neighbourhood Watch schemes in this area.

Tesco Customer services

Report those abandoned trolleys to their Customer Services department!

New Malden store020-8273 7100
National freephone number0800-505555